Kelly joined our Autumn cohort of Leading From Within – having made the decision this was the year to prioritise her wellbeing, she signed up to our personal development leadership programme…
This year comes at a particularly challenging time for many of us. 2020 has been rough for lots of reasons, but especially because we’re battling a worldwide pandemic that has caused a lot of fear, uncertainty, and disruption to our normal routines.
Committed with myself to prioritize my wellbeing this year, I joined the She Leads Change – Leading from Within program, a unique experience that takes you through learning about the self, the other and the whole.
It is incredible to see the power of the community and how far you can go when you have a bunch of people, powerful women, who empower each other to be the best version of themselves. This is a unique combination of peer support, coaching and collaboration.
Be your biggest fan, believe in yourself and invest in yourself
Last week, I led one of the sessions and enjoyed the power of the co-creation. This one was focus on the Self, and I would like to share the main takeaways:
- Backing myself to succeed in my dreams isn’t an easy process to learn.
- You faced failure and imposter syndrome in all its forms. In fact, I have felt a failure each time that I walked away from a toxic environment or situation that was impacting my well-being, I thought I failed because I did not stay and fight against.
- It’s ok to feel worried or nervous when everyone’s looking to my for direction- that’s normal.
- You’ll learn by doing and share your own experience. You’ll become more confident, more connected – and ultimately more impactful.
- Don’t compare your insides to other people’s outsides. We each have our own path. Social media has made it easy to find out someone’s job title, what house they own, where they go on vacation (prior to this new norm), if theyare succeeding. It’s easy to compare my current journey with someone else’s and become disheartened. Don’t compare your insides to other people’s outsides. We each have our own path.
- You can face any challenge (or opportunities to growth) if you see the whole picture. Keep focus on your values, your core self, your passion and mission.
Don’t wait until you have it all figured out. Rather trust yourself that you’ll figure things out as you go along. One step at a time. One day at a time. And if needed, one minute at a time.
I encourage you all to take the lead and go for it. Be your own cheerleader!
👉 What’s something you are working on or want to get better at before 2021?